Medical Retainer Program
The BeinLaw Legal Retainer Program for Medical Professionals
In the ever evolving and often daunting environment of medicine, it is critical not only to provide exceptional patient care but also to maintain optimal compliance while avoiding the “pitfalls” that affect medical professionals every day. Addressing the legal needs of your practice, safeguarding your license and reputation, and managing a compliant facility from a business and regulatory standpoint are imperative. Historically, many medical professionals have avoided addressing the legal needs of their practice believing it is too costly or time consuming to do so. In reality, neglecting these issues often leads to problems that become more expensive and often more challenging to rectify. The Beinhaker Law Firm (the “Firm”) is proud to offer its Legal Retainer Program (“LRP”), designed to accommodate any licensed healthcare professional’s needs. Our LRP is an arrangement whereby we act as primary counsel for you and your practice, on-call and available, for a regular and manageable fee.
Depending on the size of your practice and your regular business needs, we will customize our services and determine a monthly fee arrangement that fits within your budget. Depending on your needs, services may include:
- Legal services related to any private carrier or governmental program audit(s), appeal(s) and/or investigation(s) related thereto.
- Communications of any sort with representatives of any private carrier or governmental program related to audits, billing, coding, EMR, records, records requests, requests for record reviews and/or inspections of offices.
- Communications of any sort with coding representatives related to coding, records, EMR, corrective action plans, and/or education.
- Review and analysis of practice records and/or billing documentation from a legal standpoint to assess compliance and whether outside coding analysis is warranted.
- HIPAA and regulatory compliance counseling.
- Employment (employer-employee) related counseling.
- Initial written submissions on your behalf in response to patient or anonymous complaints made against you to the State Board of Medical Examiners (NJ), the Office of Professional Medical Conduct (NY), the Drug Enforcement Agency, the Department of Health (NJ & NY), the Office of the Inspector General, the Office of the Insurance Fraud Prosecutor, the Office of the Medicaid Inspector General, the Division of Banking & Insurance, the Medicaid Fraud Division, private carriers, governmental health coverage programs, and the Better Business Bureau. **Note: Should any of the above outlined matter proceed from a complaint to an official investigation, then a separate Retainer will be required.
- Guidance and legal counseling for all scheduled or non-scheduled (spontaneous) visits to your offices by any of the entities set forth above including, but not limited to, direct communications with the representatives and investigators and appearance (if requested by you) at any and all on-site inspections.
- Attendance of one of our healthcare attorneys at all meetings of requested by you.
- Telephone consultations, e-mails and texts relating to any of the above.
- Communications and negotiations with commercial health insurance carriers and State and Federal Program representatives regarding in-network and out-of-network fees.
- Complimentary review of your estate plan, from a tax and HIPAA compliance standpoint. Participation in our “patient records custody program” to be sure your estate complies with HIPAA requirements after your death.
As an LRP client, services outside the scope of your service pack will be discounted by 15%. This includes, but not limited to, hourly litigation services, estate or other document preparation, or contingency collection activities. All such services will be subject to your retainer agreement and will be supplemented with a “short form” retainer addendum. Additional credits and discounts may be available depending on your level of LRP service.
Terms & conditions to be aware of:
- All fees are automatically charged electronically using a credit/debit card kept on file.
- If your charge card is declined, a reinstatement fee of $35 will be charged.
- Letter writing is limited to 3 pages. Additional fees may apply to longer letters.
- The firm reserves its right to terminate your package at any time.
- Subject to the terms and conditions of a separate client agreement
For more information or to arrange a no-cost, no-obligation initial consultation, please email or call our office. We are available Monday through Friday between the hours of 9 am and 5 pm. Appointments outside of our normal business hours are available on a limited basis.